Different colors in Folder view

J

Jose L Pineda

Is there an add-in out there somewhere that would allow color customization of the folder list itself in Folder view for Outlook 2000/XP? The issue is: a number of my users manage multiple mailboxes from Outlook. The question is becoming more frequent, could each mailbox and respective folders be highlighted in different colors when looking at the folder list. So if an admin assistant manages 5 mailboxes, on the left hand side (in the folder list) mailbox A and its folders appear in an area shaded in blue, farther down mailbox B and its folders shaded in yellow, etc, etc. As the user expands or collapses the mailbox, the color-shaded area would self-adjust. Has anyone done this in VBA. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction....?

S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Outlook provides no interface for modifying the folder list. You'd basically have to build your own VB program to display the folders and maybe use the Outlook View Control to show the folder contents.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Outlook and Exchange solutions at http://www.slipstick.com
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming: Jumpstart
for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Is there an add-in out there somewhere that would allow color customization of the folder list itself in Folder view for Outlook 2000/XP? The issue is: a number of my users manage multiple mailboxes from Outlook. The question is becoming more frequent, could each mailbox and respective folders be highlighted in different colors when looking at the folder list. So if an admin assistant manages 5 mailboxes, on the left hand side (in the folder list) mailbox A and its folders appear in an area shaded in blue, farther down mailbox B and its folders shaded in yellow, etc, etc. As the user expands or collapses the mailbox, the color-shaded area would self-adjust. Has anyone done this in VBA. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction....?

Ask a Question