Development machine for CF w/kb and 640w screen

MarkMurphy

I'm looking to buy a used handheld that will support WinCE 4.2 and the
CF. I need a screen width of 640 and height of 240 or more. I need
it for UI development since our target device is not yet available.
It looks like Jornada's will not do the trick. Others?

It appears the handheld market is going away with Windows Mobile 2003
being targeted at PocketPC form factor.

Thanks,

Mark

Chris Tacke, eMVP

You need to look at an industrial device like those made by Intelligent
Instrumentation, Intermec, Dolphin, etc.

Paul G. Tobey [eMVP]

Yep, we have one, the LANpoint CE.NET. It's *definitely* not a handheld,
but it runs CE.NET 4.2, has monochrome or color 640x240 VGA, three serial
ports, keyboard and mouse ports (if you don't like the built-in keyboard and
touchscreen), built-in 10/100 Ethernet, PCMCIA, Compact Flash, a couple of
user-programmable LEDs, and waveform audio support.

www.lanpoint.com -- There should be a picture on the front page.

Paul T.

Matteo Cima

The Gotive H41 will do the job just fine
http://www.gotive.com/

and it's almost inexpensive.

Matteo.