desktop & programs corrupted by .lnk

Larry Shute

Most of my desktop icons, and most programs are corrupted
by the .lnk suffix. How can I reverse this? I am not
skilled in registry matters and would need to be pointed
to some fairly simple advice. Many thanks for any help.
Larry Shute

Mark V

Larry Shute wrote in
Most of my desktop icons, and most programs are corrupted
by the .lnk suffix. How can I reverse this? I am not
skilled in registry matters and would need to be pointed
to some fairly simple advice. Many thanks for any help.
Larry Shute

I suspect a description of what you do and what you see will help
others as the above is not very clear (to me anyway). And the OS and
SP level and any "tweaking" tools you may have used too.

Mark V

Larry Shute wrote in