Desktop icons dissapeared

G

I ran some diagnostics on my computer from Monitor Direct. It reset the display resolution. I rebooted and all my desktop icons had dissapeared. They are still somewhere. I can download to desktop and all goes well except I cannot see the icon for the new download. I found this thread and believe it applies to my situation, but I cannot follow it past \Windows\ because I do not show a \Current Version\. How can I unhide the desktop in Windows XP

What ever he downloaded hid his desktop, it still exists. To resolve this problem click on Start > Run. Type in "regedit". If you cannot find Run then go to the internet and in the address bar type "%systemroot%\regedit.exe". A program will open. In the tree view on the left (The window like thing with labels with a caption of "My Computer", "HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT", "HKEY_CURRENT_USER", ETC...). Click on "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ Software\ Microsoft\ Windows\ CurrentVersion\ Policies\ Explorer" ( The \ means then or next...). After single clicking on "Explorer", the window to the left will have new content. In the window to the right ( the one with new content) right click on "NoDesktop" click on "Delete" then "Yes". Restatr your computer then presto! ITS A BUNCH OF LITTLE PICTURES THAT OPEN STUFF

W

whoever

Trialynn said:
I ran some diagnostics on my computer from Monitor Direct. I
reset the display resolution. I rebooted and all my desktop icon
had dissapeared. They are still somewhere. I can download t
desktop and all goes well except I cannot see the icon for the
new download. I found this thread and believe it applies to m
situation, but I cannot follow it past \Windows\ because I do no
show a \Current Version\. How can I unhide the desktop in Window
XP.

Well the easiest way to solve that problem without any trouble is t