Design Ideas

Reaction score
Noooo...

I prefer the laptop. just to keep the rest of the people happy, can you not put a PC on the other side of "review"?

KGB

Reaction score
I actually think that the laptop looks quite cool...because it's more silver and less black than the desktop it compliments the lighter shade of blue better...imo

Reaction score
I like the new test site!

It looks very nice and modern! Looks like you put a lot of effort into it!

Looking forward to seeing your new sign design!:)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've updated the test site a bit (ignore any bugs you see for now, as its a live test ;)). Let me know if you have any ideas for layouts, colours, new buttons etc... and I will see what I can do :)

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Time I put a bit of input here.

To me, it doesn't look that much different from what we have now but yes, it's fine.

I don't like the laptop pic, that will definitely not make the site appeal to true computer enthusiasts, imo.

In fact, imo, it's a bit wussy.

If the pic of the 'proper' computer is still on the front page, can it not be grabbed and saved?

Anyways, that's me, Mucks and your better half who say a big no no to the laptop.

Pay attention... ;)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, I shall have to consider finding some proper PC pic now :) I'll try and find where I got the original PC pic from.

The design doesn't look to different, but its coded in CSS so it should load much much quicker (thats the main reason for the redesign).

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I've managed to find an old source file for this site after hunting round on CDs, and its in place now :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Will all the user profiles, post counts, avatars etc etc kept still?
Yes :D The only thing that will change is the forum "skin"

Reaction score
i rekon u should show people the forum section as soon as u get into the main page
what i mean is the particular sections where ppl have posted

i rekon this would encourage more people to signup post on this site, like the regulars do!

Ian when u first started what was your intention for making this site? I presume it was all about reviewing hardware and software hence, pcreview as the name!

But where did all this BRILLIANT MARVELLOUS and TRIFIC idea of forums come from?!

Reaction score
psd99 said:
Ian when u first started what was your intention for making this site? I presume it was all about reviewing hardware and software hence, pcreview as the name!

But where did all this BRILLIANT MARVELLOUS and TRIFIC idea of forums come from?!

.well......................................................??????????????????????????????

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't see that PSD!

My original intention was to make a hardware review site, but the forums were fairly active from the start (Mucks, Floppy, Quad and a few others have been here for years!). The site mainly is the forums now :D

Reaction score
well what a great pc forum site this ended up being eh?

Probably the best in the UK! I have always liked the design of these forums over other internet forums, the design and interface have been very easy to look through, other sites i have been on do not come close! :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
psd99 said:
well what a great pc forum site this ended up being eh?

Probably the best in the UK! I have always liked the design of these forums over other internet forums, the design and interface have been very easy to look through, other sites i have been on do not come close! :)
I'm glad you like it PSD :D

Ask a Question