Windows Vista Dell to Offer Windows XP,again .

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
Old news! :p

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/technology/6575089.stm

The change came after Dell's feedback site was swamped with calls for the return of the venerable software.
Dell changed the policy in response to pleas posted on its Ideastorm website which invites customers to post suggestions about how the PC maker can meet their needs.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's funny, I bet people are begging for Vista instead of whatever is next in a few years time :lol:

I'm on Vista now, but to be honest I'd be quite happy sticking with XP until things stop running on it. Anything other than Windows 98, now that OS caused probs for me!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
It is nothing to do with Vista being a dead duck ... Feckit hit the nail on the head. ;)

I have said it before, beat the drum, we had all this FUD with XP, Win 95 and 3.11 ... :nod:

It's no good saying you are selling PCs that a Vista capable, if all they can run is Vista basic. OK, MS should take some blame here, who the hell needs Vista basic ??

Dell's ain't selling, along with a few other big PC producers, people want 'cheap' PCs ... that means XP, or Linux. :lol:

Yep, "sales" of Vista are very thin on the ground ... so what, you do have a choice, just ask for what you want, if they do not supply, someone else will.

:user:

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Twas just a tease
laughingsmiley.gif

Mind you a lot of folks are saying that it would be wise to wait for service pack one before upgrading .Iin another article I read there seems to be resistance from business's in changing over to vista . Won't affect me as I don't intend changing as long as me XP works .
happywave.gif

Ask a Question