deleting games

Joshua Smith [MSFT]

The games should be removable in the "Add/Remove Windows Components"
section.

1. Open the "Add or Remove Programs" control panel item.
2. Click "Add/Remove Windows Components" button on the left.
3. Double click the line marked "Accessories and Utilities"
4. Add or remove the ceck from "Games" depending on what you want.
5. Click OK.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Finish.

Joshua Smith [MSFT]

My mistake, I had Windows XP on my brain. =)

--
Joshua Smith
DirectInput Test Lab

-----

Joshua Smith said:
The games should be removable in the "Add/Remove Windows Components"
section.

1. Open the "Add or Remove Programs" control panel item.
2. Click "Add/Remove Windows Components" button on the left.
3. Double click the line marked "Accessories and Utilities"
4. Add or remove the ceck from "Games" depending on what you want.
5. Click OK.
6. Click Next.
7. Click Finish.

--
Joshua Smith
DirectInput Test Lab

-----

Jimmy S. said:
Hi Mike,

Windows Games are considered system files so they are hidden
from the Add-Remove programs list by default. The following is
a step by step guide I made to help you overcome this obstacle:

First, we are going to unhide all files and file extensions:
1. Choose Start / Programs / Accessories / Windows Explorer.
2. In Windows Explorer, choose Tools / Folder Options.
3. Click the View tab in the Folder Options dialog box.
4. Double-click Hidden Files and Folders, and then select Show Hidden Files and Folders.
5. Deselect Hide File Extensions for Known File Types, and then click OK.

Now we are going to edit the Sysoc.inf file to unhide all games:

1. Choose Start / Run / Copy+Paste the next line into the RUN box and press [ENTER]:
notepad %SystemRoot%\Inf\Sysoc.inf

2. Scroll down until you find the line that reads: Games=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,games.inf,HIDE,7
and delete the HIDE from the line so it now reads: Games=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,games.inf,,7

3. Below the is the line that reads: AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,HIDE,7
delete the word HIDE from the line so it now reads: AccessUtil=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,accessor.inf,,7

4. Scroll down a little to the line that reads: Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,HIDE,7
and delete the word HIDE from the line so it now reads: Pinball=ocgen.dll,OcEntry,pinball.inf,,7

5. Click File / Exit and choose YES to save the changes you made to the file.

6. Click Start / Settings / Control Panel / Add-Remove Programs.

7. Select and Remove any of the games you want from the list.

--
Cheers,
Jimmy S.

Additional Support Resources: My Zone.com Helpsite: http://nibblesnbits.tk
Microsoft Online Tech Support: http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=376
Game FAQ's: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=FH;[LN];gms

| How do I permanently delete the games that come with win
| 2000?

Jimmy S.

It's all good :)

Cheers,