delete a fill in word field

Discussion in 'Microsoft Word Document Management' started by Guest, Nov 11, 2005.

    I've entered a fill in word field too many times on my document and I cannot
    figure out how to delete the extra fill in fields, please help! Thanks.

    Guest, Nov 11, 2005

    Jay Freedman Guest

    On Fri, 11 Nov 2005 13:29:02 -0800, "Gina"
    <> wrote:

    >I've entered a fill in word field too many times on my document and I cannot
    >figure out how to delete the extra fill in fields, please help! Thanks.

    Press Alt+F9 to display all the field codes in the document. Find the
    ones that say FILLIN and delete the ones you don't want.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    Jay Freedman, Nov 12, 2005

    Thanks, Jay. Is this information somewhere in Word Help and I just couldn't
    find it?

    Guest, Nov 12, 2005

    Jay Freedman Guest

    I don't think Word Help is that specific. It takes two bits of knowledge
    about fields: first, that FILLIN fields don't display anything until you've
    filled in a value, so they're normally invisible; and second, that Alt+F9
    (or the Field Codes option in Tools > Options > View) toggles all field
    codes on so you can see them and delete them.

    --
    Regards,
    Jay Freedman

    Jay Freedman, Nov 14, 2005