Delayed emails stuck in Outbox

Delayed delivery emails stuck in Outbox

I discovered the 'delay delivery' feature in Outlook 2007. I know that
Outlook must be open at the time the message is scheduled to be delivered but
the emails don't get sent. They sit in the Outbox until I go in and hit
'send', which defeats the whole purpose of delayed delivery. I've tried a
number of things to no avail. Please help.

Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Are you using an Exchange server?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Delayed delivery emails stuck in Outbox" <Delayed delivery emails stuck in
I discovered the 'delay delivery' feature in Outlook 2007. I know that
Outlook must be open at the time the message is scheduled to be delivered
but
the emails don't get sent. They sit in the Outbox until I go in and hit
'send', which defeats the whole purpose of delayed delivery. I've tried a
number of things to no avail. Please help.

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4363 (20090824) __________

http://www.eset.com

Delayed delivery emails stuck in Outbox

Yes.

Ben M. Schorr said:
Are you using an Exchange server?

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP
Roland Schorr & Tower
http://www.rolandschorr.com
http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.html

Ben M. Schorr, MVP

You might have to enable Automatic Messages to the Internet in your Exchange
Server. Just a hunch.

Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007:
http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon

"Delayed delivery emails stuck in Outbox"

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 4364 (20090824) __________

http://www.eset.com

Joined
Nov 19, 2012
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
I posted this on Microsoft home page as well. there is an issue with the plugins below. the stuff in Red is what led me to my solution for me below.
Disable AVG's addin - it's known to cause problems.
I have been using AVG for the past 5 years. I had the issue before I upgraded to AVG 2011. I've never had a problem until I moved to Office 2011. I don't recall if I stated using delayed delivery before I upgraded to Outlook 2010, however. So that is what my guess was going to be.
I have not tried to disable the AVG add-in yet because it does not happen that often (that a message gets stuck in the Outbox with "none" as the delivery date).
Todd

I was having this problem as well. I did NOT have this plugin. but i got thinking about 3rd party plugins. I have the "Google calendar calender Sync" tool that syncs my outlook calendar and my Google calendar together 2 ways. As soon as i disabled this it went through no problem. its possible that other 3rd party plugins are not allowing it to function as desired as well. i suggest disabeling all the 3rd party add-ins and and running a test. mine is now working like a champ

Last edited: