defragger

tdc

Reaction score
Hi
I had a look at ccleaner which was suggested by yourselves. There was also a defraffer to download. Is it best to use the one installed with the Acer under System tools?
Thanks tdc

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Do you mean Defragger? (I've edited the title for you, as I think that's what you mean). :)

The one that comes with Windows does a fine job, so there may not be much point in downloading a 3rd party one. "Defraggler" is the one made by the same people as CCleaner:

http://www.piriform.com/defraggler

It's not going to do any harm by using it, but the Windows one does a similar job. However, the main advantage to this one is that it shows you the progress of the job if you run it manually. :)

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I found windows own defragger to be rubbish. (my opinion) I use Defraggler and it seems to do a much better job. :)

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Diskkeeper 10 for me , runs sweet and virtually silent in the background.

user.gif

V_R

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
My bro's year old Acer laptop was given to me the other day to 'service'

Windows Vista Defrag set to run weekly at 7pm on Sundays. lol It looked like it had never been touched!

Installed Degraggler and ran it, it took 4 hours! When it had finished it had done a really good job.

Can you see what windows defragger has done? No. ;)

Try it, install defraggler (or any other defrag proggie for that matter) and see what it looks like. If your interested that is. :)

Ask a Question