Defiance

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Hello, :wave:

Just got back from a trip to manchester. I was very very lucky and got invited to a closed door screening of Defiance, a new movie with Daniel Crag, Liev Schrieber and Jamie Bell in it.

My mate has just gotten a job with a well known movie magazine and is in Manchester doing an interview for the aforementioned film. Knowing i am a bit of a movie buff he asked if i wanted to meet up in Manchester to watch the film.

For those that haven't heard of it;

Its set in 1941 where the "German Solution" (Holocaust) is in full swing. Four Jewish Brothers end up fleeing into the woods and soon end up harbouring other Jews intent on escaping persecution.

Its very very good, well filmed, some great scenery, the action sequences are quite gritty and realistic (think Band of Brothers or Saving Private Ryan), the acting is actually pretty decent as well. Liev Schrieber and Jamie Bell outshine Daniel Craig, who lets be honest hasn't really had to act since Layer Cake.

Its not as emotional as Schindlers List, but it gets the point across without having to dwell on the actual horrors of the deathcamps.

The only negative point is the accents are pretty annoying, i mean 2 brits and 1 american as the main acting talent all speaking english with heavy russian accents. Daniel Craig actually sounds better when speaking russian in the film.

A minor point though, and an extremely good film, worth going to see.

Best film since Dark Knight..

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I saw the trailers for this a couple of months ago and really wanted to see it, so I'm glad it is as good as it looks :)

It looks like it's out on 9th Jan, so not long to wait :nod:

Ask a Question