From: <[email protected]>
Subject: Windows Defender Installation - Signature & MSAntispyware removal
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 03:03:02 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.private.security.spyware.install

Seems to lay it out in detail pretty well for a thorough removal and
reinstall. You'll hear that Defender will replace MSAS automatically...
and yes it does, if you don't mind the left over slop hanging around
afterwards. Sometime it pays to be a late adopter, I've had no problems
with Defender having removed MSAS this way first.