Default User Profile - changing file associations

MP

How do I change the default profile so that new limited use accounts
have the association I want?

Background:
Using WinXP SP2, have several accounts, some admin, some limited use.
New admin accounts have .jpg files associated with MSOffice '03 Picture
Manager, new limited use accounts have .jpg files associated with MS
Win Picture and Fax Viewer.

When logged in on admin accounts:
Win Explorer
Tools
Folder Options...
File Types
.jpg & .jpeg
Change --> shows Office Pic Manager

When logged in on limited use accounts:
can't tell, change button is grayed out, but dbbl clicking files from
Win Explorer launches Pic & Fax viewer.

Regedit shows:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\jpegfile
as shimgvw.dll - which is the Pic and Fax viewer

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\.jpg & jpeg
don't show much of anything intelligible

I'l like to know how to change the associations without editing the
registry if possible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

MP

Tom Willett

What guy? What problem?

problem, I've found a solution (though it is a reghack).