DCOM errors

Achari

Hi all,

Iam getting DCOM errors with the Event ID 10006
these are the following errors on two servers A&B.Actually
thsee occcur at the same time.Both the servers are running
an application based on n-tier heirarchy

Server A
Source:DCOM Event ID 10006 NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
"DCOM got error "General Access denied errors" from the
computer <...> when attempting to activate the server:
{F4B099F4-6F6C-11D2-A7A9-00A02495D99E} "

Server B
Source:DCOM Event ID 10002
"Access denied attempting to launch a DCOM Server. The
server is:
{F4B099F4-6F6C-11D2-A7A9-00A02495D99E}
The user is Unavailable/Unavailable, SID=Unavailable. "

Can you help me out how to handle these errors

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Achari" <[email protected]>
Subject: DCOM errors
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2004 06:26:00 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.applications

--

It sounds like we have a permissions issue with your DCOM server {F4B099F4-6F6C-11D2-A7A9-00A02495D99E}.
Unforunately I do not know what program {F4B099F4-6F6C-11D2-A7A9-00A02495D99E} translate to.

You can run DCOMCNFG, look down the list to see if the server is listed by the ID above. If it is we would want to double
click it, go to the Security tab and check the permissions under each of the securtiy sections.

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.