DCOM Error 10005

G

Below are two errors that I get whenever I boot up my system. Any insight is appreciated

For the IMAPISERVICE error below, I replaced the IDE cable that's hooked up to my DVD/CDRW and DVD-ROM drives (yes, I know it's not the best configuration when doing CD to CD burning but I don't burn CDs except to backup data once a month so it's not a major concern for me). Replacing the cable seems to have fixed this error. However, I did see it once or twice after cable replacement. I'm not sure why or if it will happen again

Event Type: Erro
Event Source: DCO
Event Category: Non
Event ID: 1000
Description
DCOM got error "The service database is locked. " attempting to start th
service ImapiService with arguments "-Service" in order to run the server
{520CCA63-51A5-11D3-9144-00104BA11C5E

For more information, see Help and Support Center a
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

=================================================

For the NETMAN error below, I'm not sure what's going on. I have dual-onboard Ethernet NICs, one is Gigabit and one is Fast Ethernet. I have Gigabit disabled and set to 100Mbps/Full Duplex. I use the Fast Ethernet port and autosense is enabled. IEEE 802.1x authentication is turned off for both NICs

Event Type: Erro
Event Source: DCO
Event Category: Non
Event ID: 1000
Description
DCOM got error "The service database is locked. " attempting to start th
service netman with arguments "" in order to run the server
{BA126AE5-2166-11D1-B1D0-00805FC1270E

For more information, see Help and Support Center a
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp

===================================================

At this point, I'm just wondering if it's just a case of the services stepping on each other until they timeout and re-load. Any ideas? Thanks.

G

Although the errors are similar, the link you provided does not explain my specific errors. Thanks for trying.

Ask a Question