DC Certificate

John

I am trying to pull up the Certificate Wizard to request a
Cert for a DC with AD to enable LDAPs. I keep receiving
the error message, "Windows cannot find a certification
authority that will process the request" when using a MMC
window to try and produce a request. I have tried both
Knowledge Base Articles of 271861 and 279780 but still
receive the error message. Side note, due to network
configuration the DC will not be able to communicate
directly with the CA so I will need to floppy the request
and cert in and out of the closed network.

Any suggestions?

David Pharr [MSFT]

It sounds like you are attempting to make a request to an offline root CA -
is that correct?

Try the steps in this article:
313477 HOW TO: Get a Certificate Signed by an Off-Network Root Authority in
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=313477

David Pharr, (e-mail address removed)