Date stored as Text

Andibevan

Hi All,

I am cetting an exchange rate table from an American Website. It uses the
american date format mm/dd/yyyy

As my PC is set-up to use the UK date format dd/mm/yyyy these dates are
stored as text when pasted to excel.

How would I convert these american dates to UK dates?

Thanks

Andi

Hi
Use Data|Text to columns.
Select your column of dates, click on Data|Text to columns and on the third
page of the dialog there is an option to tell Excel that the text is a
date - and the format of it (mmddyy, etc)
Save a copy of your data before you start!

Andibevan

Fantastic - Thanks Andy