Database results error

I have posted a couple questions before, and tried the suggestions but still
am getting this error:

Database Results Error
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x48c Thread 0x9b0 DBC
0x2477024 Jet'.

What I am tring to do with Frontpage 2000 is set up a online directory for
the phone company I work for, so I set up the database in acces, then created
the form pages and result pages, it will work for a couple of hours then I
get this error, I have too full copies of this web page so then if I copy
the global.asa file from the backup site into the live site it will work
again for a few hours.

The database is linked directly to the website so when it needs updated we
just update the database and the webpage is automatically updated( suppose to
be).
So I was wondering if having her update the database directly like that
maybe causing the problem or if maybe there was a better way to make a
website like this.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks
Stacie

Thomas A. Rowe

Once the database is set up to be used by the website, you can not open and work on directly from
Access, all access need to be done via ASP. If you need to make changes to the database, you have to
export if from the web site to your desktop, then make changes, then re-import it.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

thanks for the quick response, I've tried to find information on how to
update the database through asp but have yet figured it out, you wouldn't be
able to point me in the right direction would you??

thanks
stacie

Stacie Espinosa said:
[...]

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FP]

Stacie:
Are you in a position to upgrade to either FrontPage 2002 or 2003? They have
a Database Interface Wizard that makes it easy to create pages that will let
your users add, update and delete records. This Google search will give you
some places to start:
http://www.google.com/search?as_q=f..._dt=i&as_sitesearch=microsoft.com&safe=images

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage

Stacie Espinosa said:
[...]

Right now I am not able to upgrade my version, but my boss thought that maybe
it could be done
with SQL is this possible? Or do you have information on how to set up the
update asp page without
the wizard??
Thank you
Stacie

Thomas A. Rowe said:
Once the database is set up to be used by the website, you can not
open and work on directly from Access, all access need to be done
via ASP. If you need to make changes to the database, you have to
export if from the web site to your desktop, then make changes, then
re-import it.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.

in message I have posted a couple questions before, and tried the suggestions
[...]

The tutorials on this page:
http://www.sitebuilder.ws/frontpage/tutorials/default.htm may help.

--

:

Once the database is set up to be used by the website, you can not
open and work on directly from Access, all access need to be done
via ASP. If you need to make changes to the database, you have to
export if from the web site to your desktop, then make changes,
then re-import it.

WEBMASTER Resources(tm)

FrontPage Resources, WebCircle, MS KB Quick Links, etc.
To assist you in getting the best answers for FrontPage support
see: http://www.net-sites.com/sitebuilder/newsgroups.asp

[...]

hosting

Stacie said:
I have posted a couple questions before, and tried the suggestions but still
am getting this error:

Database Results Error
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x48c Thread 0x9b0 DBC
0x2477024 Jet'.
What I am tring to do with Frontpage 2000

What operating system is your website on? What version of Windows? Has
your web hosting comany recently upgraded the OS?
What version of Access are you using?

Regards;

Scott

Kathleen Anderson [MVP - FP]

Stacie:
I tried the link today at work and again from home and it's working for me.
Can you try again?

--
~ Kathleen Anderson
Microsoft MVP - FrontPage
Spider Web Woman Designs
http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/

Stacie Espinosa said:
Thanks for all the help but th link you put doesn't seem to work-page
not displayed could you try it again please
thanks
stacie

Stacie Espinosa said:
[...]

"Stacie Espinosa" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
[...]

We're running windows 2000 server on the server that hosts the webpage...and
on my computer it windows 2000...My company is the ISP so we host our own
webpage and we haven't changed OS lately, and i'm running access 2000...As
for that link I just get still page not displayed...thanks for helping

stacie

Stacie said:
I have posted a couple questions before, and tried the suggestions but still
am getting this error:

Database Results Error
[Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access Driver]General error Unable to open
registry key 'Temporary (volatile) Jet DSN for process 0x48c Thread 0x9b0 DBC
0x2477024 Jet'.
What I am tring to do with Frontpage 2000

What operating system is your website on? What version of Windows? Has
your web hosting comany recently upgraded the OS?
What version of Access are you using?

Regards;

Scott

Couple of things to check on. Permissions on the database and temp
folder is one:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;315456
http://forums.aspfree.com/t18716/s.html

I've also seen this error when updating or patching the OS. It will
break the Mdac; and you need to reinstall it, especially if using an
older Access version, or upgrade Access database..

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...port/kb/articles/Q237/5/75.ASP&NoWebContent=1
http://msdn.microsoft.com/data/downloads/updates/default.aspx
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...e3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&displaylang=en

Hope this helps.