Database crashes on entry into API Macro or Visual Basic in WindowsXP but not in Windows 7

plh

Help! What we have here is a databse used extensively by machinists on
the shop floor and by engineers.
MS Office 2010 MS Access version 14.0.6112.5000 (32-bit)
I am one of the engineers and the developer of this DB which creates
reports detaining set up ionstructions.
Up until last Friday everything was fine but now if myself or the
other engineer who uses it (we currently run Win XP Pro) opens it, it
opens OK but if we push any button that is using an API Macro. The
same thing happens if I command Database Tools > Visual Basic. Does
anyone have any idea what is going on?
Thank You,
-plh

Douglas J Steele

What service pack for XP? (Access 2010 requires SP3)

You might try a decompile on a copy of the database.

""C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14\MSACCESS.EXE" /decompile
"C:\MyFolder\MyDatabase.mdb"

If that doesn't work, try creating a new database and importing all the
objects from the old one.