Data Connetions and Adapter

B

Brian P. Hammer

All - If I develop an app on my computer and have a local copy of SQL, I use it for my data connections. Now, when I release it to clients, do I have to go back and change my 10 or so connections to point to the SQL on the server. What is the best approach for handling the automatically configured connections?

Thanks,
Brian P. Hammer

S

Sahil Malik

Depending upon your exact situation, there could be numerous methods. One of the top of my head, Configure the SQL server in in a config file, name it yourexename.exe.config, and read the connection string from there. Prefer to use windows authentication for that since the password will be stored in clear text (unless you put in some encypting mechansim). Windows auth would be the best though (no risk).

- Sahil Malik
Independent Consultant
You can reach me thru my blog at - http://www.dotnetjunkies.com/weblog/sahilmalik/

All - If I develop an app on my computer and have a local copy of SQL, I use it for my data connections. Now, when I release it to clients, do I have to go back and change my 10 or so connections to point to the SQL on the server. What is the best approach for handling the automatically configured connections?

Thanks,
Brian P. Hammer

Ask a Question