Damesel in Distress

Reaction score
:wall: Hello everyone, my name is tawny and I am loosing my mind with a user profile problem. Unfortunately before checking online I moved all of the content in my documents to the temporary profile the computer set up and rebooted my system all my documents were lost! I found a freeware restoration program that found all the documents but not all of the documents work. I am a damsel in distress can someone help me recover my work.

Reaction score
Do the recovered documents have extension?

-If so then try repairing them using their appropriate utility/program depending on their type

-If not then try assigning some yourself and see if they work

Of course if you have typed documents (such as Microsoft Word document) then you can always open the file with notepad and manually scan through to find whatever it is that's written

Reaction score
Thank you, I will try this. I am running publisher 98 and office xp professional. I will keep u posted.

thanks again

Reaction score
hey sys32_freak,
No luck I lost too many files, the recovery process failed...I feel terrible...I lost emails, tasks and everything...really important stuff. So Im gonna reformat my hard drive dump everything and just start fresh :(

Ask a Question