Cut and Past in Search window

In the Microsoft Access it appears that Access is the only program in the
office package that does not have cut and past in the search window. This
would be the most usefull place to have cut and past especially of
reconciling database entries in Access. Could Microsoft add that feature? It
is so frustrating when dealing with long numeric entries in the search window
and having to switch back and forth from the update e-mails to the Access
database to manually type in job ticket numbers where a simple one time cut
and past would speed up the process by 2 or 3 times.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/office/com...-9e3a-90458cbdcae7&dg=microsoft.public.access

I meant to say Cut and Past in FIND window, if you have a database with
thousands of entries and all of them have 10 digits in them by far the most
effective way to find a particular entry for update would be just to copy
that number from say Outlook or another program past into the Find
window(CTL-F) and hit find, bam your done. Instead of scrolling through
thousands of entries, trying to memorize a 10 digit number, or typing it in
3-4 digits at a time and switching back and forth.

Tom,

Have you tried when trying to search a table? Thats where I do the searches.
Otherwize you may be right but this is a problem I have found with every
computer in our shop independed of hardware or O/S software build. We run
office 2003 and windows XP Professional don't know if you where using the
same version. Macros may have a part in it but I don't see a macro disabling
a software feature,

Mark

Hi Mark,

In my initial test, I used a form, not a table. I am using Access 2003 SP-2
with Windows 2000 Server, SP-4 to conduct my tests.

After reading your most recent reply, I composed a quick message in Outlook
Express and sent it to own e-mail address. I opened up Outlook to receive the
message--I rarely use Outlook at home. I included some text found in the
Northwind Customers table to use for searching. Here is a copy of the message: