Outlook Calendar template from the download site in order to achieve
customization.
I did, and now I cannot locate how to pull in my existing calendar
information, all entered in Outlook, so that I can customize the layout in
this Word template. I have only a blank page when I open the template "My
Outlook Calendar."
I have spent much time trying to open, import into, or export from to
achieve this goal.
Have I missed something? Can you please help me?
Thank you.

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

That template includes a number of macros. Make sure that your security settings in Tools | Macro | Security allow them to run. You should also be able to run them from the VBA environment directly.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003

and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

The template's VBA modules contains the code to read the information in the Outlook calendar and populate the Word document with that information. The code should run automatically when a new document is created from the template. If the code in the template is not running automatically, then, as I mentioned earlier, your Word macro security settings may need to be readjusted. (Tools | Macro | Security). You should also be able to run the code manually through the Word VBA environment (Alt-F11). Look for an AutoOpen or AutoNew procedure.
I think that it shouldn't have been this complicated to get complete
instructions on running my calendar and this template.

Be practical: No one here has memorized the operation of the hundreds of Outlook add-ins, templates, and custom forms that are available.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What I am missing is how exactly to get my Outlook calender to connect to
this template so that the code can run. It doesn't automatically look for an
Outlook calendar to run, does it?

Yes, that's exactly what it does. Could it be that you downloaded the wrong calendar template? Microsoft Office Online has many calendar templates that are designed to create new calendar pages in Word and have nothing whatsoever to do with Outlook. The Word templates that contain macros to print calendars from existing Outlook data are those listed at http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar.htm#print . There is more than one. If you tried one and it didn't work for you, try a different one. And please remember that those templates are unsupported gifts to the community from their original developers, who may or may not have had time to test them thoroughly, write operating manuals, etc.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Ask a Question