customising scroll bars in java script drop down menu

I'm in the process of creating a site and i've customised my web pages with
scroll bars to match the web site theme colours, but the java script drop
down menu i've included on some of my pages doesn't show this themed scroll
bar, just the style i've set up on my pc. Can I change this? ( I'm afraid
you'll have to give any suggestions in idiots speak as i have very little
technical knowledge)

Regards

Murray

There are several things you need to know -

1. The colorized scrollbars are proprietary to IE/PC. Macs, or other
browsers on PCs will not show them.

2. The scrollbars belong to the body of the page in browser quirks mode,
and to the html tag in browser standards mode. This means that if you put a
valid and complete doctype on your page, your colors may fail to work since
you may have defined them for the body tag, not the html tag.

body, html {
scrollbar-face-color: ThreeDFace;
scrollbar-shadow-color: ThreeDDarkShadow;
scrollbar-highlight-color: ThreeDHighlight;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: ThreeDLightShadow;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: ThreeDDarkShadow;
scrollbar-track-color: Scrollbar;
scrollbar-arrow-color: ButtonText;
}
3. Such colors may not propagate to other page elements like <select> form
tags, unless you also add a CSS style rule for that tag as well.

body, html, select {
scrollbar-face-color: ThreeDFace;
scrollbar-shadow-color: ThreeDDarkShadow;
scrollbar-highlight-color: ThreeDHighlight;
scrollbar-3dlight-color: ThreeDLightShadow;
scrollbar-darkshadow-color: ThreeDDarkShadow;
scrollbar-track-color: Scrollbar;
scrollbar-arrow-color: ButtonText;
}NOTE: I am not sure that this is going to work for the form elements, but I
think it does.

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

It is not possible to do that to a dropdown box.

Regards Jens Peter Karlsen. Microsoft MVP - Frontpage.

Jens Peter Karlsen[FP MVP]

It doesn't for the dropdown. The browser borrows the dropdown from the
OS in use so it can't be styled in this way.
It's another matter for text areas that are drawn on the screen by the
browser. There it will work.

Murray

Yep - I tested it and you are right.

--