Customise Outlook Today

Peter J Elliott

Hi

I'm running Outlook 2000 (as part of Office 2000 Professional) with SP-3
loaded and for some reason, the Customise Outlook Today button has ceased
working. The same thing has happened on two PCs loaded with two different
discs (I am sure it used to work but I can't remember if this was before or
after I downloaded & installed SP-3).

If I hover the cursor over the button, the button changes as if it can be
selected, however, when I click on it nothing happens!

Is anyone aware of how I might resolve this issue please?

Many thanks

Peter

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update
813489 for Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Peter J Elliott
asked:

| Hi
|
| I'm running Outlook 2000 (as part of Office 2000 Professional) with
| SP-3 loaded and for some reason, the Customise Outlook Today button
| has ceased working. The same thing has happened on two PCs loaded
| with two different discs (I am sure it used to work but I can't
| remember if this was before or after I downloaded & installed SP-3).
|
| If I hover the cursor over the button, the button changes as if it
| can be selected, however, when I click on it nothing happens!
|
| Is anyone aware of how I might resolve this issue please?
|
| Many thanks
|
| Peter

Joe Santos

wrote in message news:% (e-mail address removed)...
OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You
Install Critical
Update
813489 for Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN- US;820575

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to
the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Peter J Elliott
asked:

| Hi
|
| I'm running Outlook 2000 (as part of Office 2000 Professional) with
| SP-3 loaded and for some reason, the Customise Outlook Today button
| has ceased working. The same thing has happened on two PCs loaded
| with two different discs (I am sure it used to work but I can't
| remember if this was before or after I downloaded & installed SP-3).
|
| If I hover the cursor over the button, the button changes as if it
| can be selected, however, when I click on it nothing happens!
|
| Is anyone aware of how I might resolve this issue please?
|
| Many thanks
|
| Peter

.
This happened to me once before and I was able to
correct it, but forgot. Are you saying there is nothing
that can be done?

Thanks, Joe

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

you either need to follow the steps in the KB article (disable a registry
key, make the changes,then enable it) or edit the registry directly.

OL2000: You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After You Install Critical Update
813489 for Internet Explorer:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;820575
To change your Outlook Today setting by editing the registry, see:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/oltoday.htm

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

.