Customer Paper Size

Robert Somadhi

Help, PPPlease!!! My customer has upgraded to Win2k pro
on a few of his workstations. On one of his workstations
he needs to print checks. The papersize of the checks are
7in. by 9 1/2in. I right-clicked on the printer where
checks are printed and then clicked Printing Preferences.
I then clicked the Advanced tab and tried looking for a
paper size to match my check. I was not able to find one,
and I could not see where I could specify a custom paper
size. What can I do to resolve this problem?

Thanks,

Robert Somadhi
(e-mail address removed)

Wolf Kirchmeir

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:43:20 -0800, Robert Somadhi wrote:

=>Help, PPPlease!!! My customer has upgraded to Win2k pro
=>on a few of his workstations. On one of his workstations
=>he needs to print checks. The papersize of the checks are
=>7in. by 9 1/2in. I right-clicked on the printer where
=>checks are printed and then clicked Printing Preferences.
=>I then clicked the Advanced tab and tried looking for a
=>paper size to match my check. I was not able to find one,
=>and I could not see where I could specify a custom paper
=>size. What can I do to resolve this problem?
=>
=>Thanks,
=>
=>Robert Somadhi
=>[email protected]

The cheque-printing software should be able to take care of
that.

Bill Peele [MS]

--------------------
From: "Robert Somadhi" <[email protected]>
Subject: Customer Paper Size
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2004 16:43:20 -0800
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.win2000.printing

--

You might want to look at the following article.

157172 - How to Create Custom Forms in Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];157172

Bill Peele
Microsoft Enterprise Support

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of included script samples are subject to the
terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm

Note: For the benefit of the community-at-large, all responses to this message are best directed to the newsgroup/thread
from which they originated.

Michael

Go to Printers dialog->File->Server Properties and define a custom size.
If the printer driver supports the size, it should then be displayed as you
describe.