Custom form code not firing

karlman

I have a couple of users now that when they were given new PCs the
code behind all custom forms stops firing. They are using Outlook 2003
on Windows XP.

I verfied that the form is NOT one-offing because the message class is
still correct.

It does it for any profile on that particular computer regardless of
access level. It does it to my domain admin account as well. But then
works fine on another computer (also Outllok 2003 and XP).

I also have the CheckAdminSettings value set to 1 which is normal in
our organization. However, even without it they were not getting the
normal security prompts when code attempts to run.

Anything I could check?

Thank you!
Karl

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Where is the form published?

FYI, you should never see security prompts for code behind forms in Outlook 2003.

karlman

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

The form is published in the Organizational Forms Library.

It has been in use for about 5 years running primarily on machines
with Windows 2000 Pro and Outlook 2000. We recently started replacing
these machines with Windows XP Pro and Outlook 2003 and some have had
this problem. Maybe more since not everyone upgraded uses public
folders.

Thank you!
Karl

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Have you tried the usual troubleshooting techniques, such as clearing the forms cache and creating a new item with the custom form (rather than just opening existing items)?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

[...]

folders.- Hide quoted text -

Yes. I closed Outlook and deleted the frmcache.dat file and also tried
created a new item. Same effect with the new item. The custom form
opens and looks fine but none of the code runs.

I also have the latest SPs for Outlook and XP.

Thanks

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Does a new form published to the user's Personal Forms library work? Have you checked the design to make sure that the "Send form definition with item" box is not checked? Is the item being created in another person's mailbox? Custom form code won't run there unless you change an OUtlook setting.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

[...]

"karlman" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:a606455e-ff76-4dbc-b068-28383ddcdc94@h11g2000prf.googlegroups.com...
On Jan 2, 1:53 pm, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]" <[email protected]>
wrote:
[...]

Thanks- Hide quoted text -

The 'Send form definition with item' is not checked. This happens with
ALL custom forms. We have half a dozen applications that run in the
public folders and none of them will work on this machine. All of
these are strickly in public folders. There are at least a hundred
other people that are currently using the custom forms with no problem
at all.

I just made sure their computer was up-to-date and also ran a repair
of Office. No effect.

I will have to try the Personal Forms Library. Just copy it there and
it will use that one instead?

Thanks!

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

I've very confused now. You said that the form was published in Org Forms, but the problem is with applications in public folders? YOu might want to check the public folder setting described in this article -- http://support.microsoft.com/?id=827311

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

wrote:
[...]

"karlman" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...
wrote:
[...]

Thanks!- Hide quoted text -

Sorry, we treat these like an application. They are Outlook custom
forms (Published in the Org Form Library) that are used within
specific public folders. I will check out the link. Thanks!

Karl

karlman

wrote:
[...]

THAT WAS IT!! Didn't notice those checkboxes before. So simple...

Thank you very much!!

Karl

Richard Gadsden

karlman said:
I have a couple of users now that when they were given new PCs the
code behind all custom forms stops firing. They are using Outlook 2003
on Windows XP.

I verfied that the form is NOT one-offing because the message class is
still correct.

It does it for any profile on that particular computer regardless of
access level. It does it to my domain admin account as well. But then
works fine on another computer (also Outllok 2003 and XP).

I also have the CheckAdminSettings value set to 1 which is normal in
our organization. However, even without it they were not getting the
normal security prompts when code attempts to run.

Anything I could check?

Make sure that outlvbs.dll is installed in c:\program files\microsoft
office\office11 - I've found that this gets missed in some installations.