Windows XP Cursor moves backwards - XP Pro SP2

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
I've sort of gotten accustomed to dealing with this issue so it isn't a high priority but I thought I would post for those who enjoy a challenge.

I have one computer where every so often, for reasons I know not, the cursor begins to move backwards and the only way I can cure the issue is to reboot.

I can't for the life of me figure out what would be causing it.

Memory is new, tested and good. Temps are fine.

To describe it as best I can I will be surfing or such and attempt to input some keywords into the box and the characters will show backwards with the cursor continually returning to the far left margin.

If you happen to be composing a post/reply and you are a couple of paragraphs into it when this occurs the cursor will suddenly begin to travel on its own from wherever it is one space at a time toward the top left of the page until it gets to where there is nowhere left to go.

If you click and put it back where it was it will merrily continue on it's journey toward the left.

Anyone ever see such weirdness before?

I have naturally scanned for viruses, trojans etc., even though I was fairly confident that there aren't any as I'm quite careful, and the scans all come up clean.

The machine runs fine and crunchers nonstop without any errors it just has this one annoying habit.

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
feckit said:
Dodgy Mouse?

Well I don't think so as I use a Logitech G7 Wireless Laser Mouse along with a Belkin USB Flip to bounce back and forth between two computers and as yet I haven't noticed it ever do that on the other computer.

I'll keep a watch though.

Reaction score
I had a similar problem earlier in the year.
And it was down to a hair on the optical light underside of mouse.

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
feckit said:
I had a similar problem earlier in the year.
And it was down to a hair on the optical light underside of mouse.

I've taken out some insurance by cleaning it just in case so we shall see. :)

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I didn't read to far ahead to say to myself ... self, it's Logitech. ;)

Dunno what stopped mine doing it, but for several days I had a similar problem. Can't remember if I used new drivers or referred back to old ones, I think I found newer drivers. :blush:

oh, and it was in Vista.

:user:

Ask a Question