Windows XP Creating Windows XP Istallation Disk with SP2 included

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
AutoStreamer is a easy and quick slipstreamer for Windows Operating Systems. All that is needed for AutoStreamer to work is a source (that being an original Windows CD or a local share) and a Service Pack file. With this you can create new Windows installtions CD's with the proper service pack already installed.

AutoStreamer

:)

Update: An alternative download site for Autostreamer can be found HERE and a guide on how to use it HERE.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Nice! There was an article in CustomPC on the same thing, but I couldnt follow it at all. Kenny too dumb. But thats much easier!

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
KGB-911 said:
Could this be used for illegally making XP discs?
No more than a person could already make an illegal disc.

Microsoft Windows XP, any version, is easy to copy. Fact.

It is not illegal, however, to slipstream your own legally purchased and licensed copy of Windows XP with SP2 and burn a new disk for personal use only.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
... then, if ever you have to re-install XP, you use the copy, and, you get all the updates in one.

:D

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Stick around a little longer and we will start distributing "majic wands" to all to fix their PC's :D

Reaction score
How would you bundle all other updates like windows media 10 and the other updates released after SP2...because you don't actually get the files form windows update do you?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
How would you bundle all other updates like windows media 10 and the other updates released after SP2...because you don't actually get the files form windows update do you?
As far as I know, you can't.

Only thing you can slipstream into new CD is SP2 which does include latest version of DX9, but that's about it, I think.

All other updates are carried out in the usual way.

Unless someone can prove me wrong...

Reaction score
New updates would come out, so even if you had most of them on the disk, Windows Update would still get a look in, so its not gonna save that much time, just maybe some download allocation, if ur downloading is capped (like mine :()

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
christopherpostill said:
Wait for SP3 :p

Flopps is correct, but you can slipstream drivers and other software, although its not as easy as to just use the CD/download.

... 'slipstreaming', nice buzz-word, was designed for those of us that install the OS software on a day to day bases ... if you can use one less CD then all the better.

However, it only becomes practical if you're Dell (or any other PC retailer/manufacturer) to 'slipstream' drivers, software, OS and the likes, because you're 'loading' all onto a single hardware configuration ... some call it ... a recovery CD. ;)

:D

Ask a Question