Word Creating Genograms using Word 2007

Reaction score
I've created a family tree using the drawing canvas and various shapes. To denote a death for a male, a cross needs to be entered into the rectangle. I didn't experience any problem when doing this in Word 2003, but in 2007 it does not appear to be possible. When trying to draw a line from diagonal corners the result is either a horizontal line in the middle of the rectangle or a too short line in a random position. I have tried using the borders button from the Table Layout menu, but these commands are unavailable when the canvas is active. Does anyone have any ideas, the whole things is driving me to distraction!!!! Help and thanks.

Reaction score
Hi Carol,

Not too sure what you mean as I'm using Word 2007 but when I draw a rectangle and then use the lines to draw a line from corner to corner this works and appears as a cross. I can't seem to replicate the issue your having?

B

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply Bexy. I'm amazed that you're not experiencing any problems when trying to draw a line from one diagonal corner to another within a rectangle. Perhaps my computer had gremlins! But thanks again.

Carol

Ask a Question