Creating a separate shared calendar for a group


G

gedditoffme

Hello,

I'm trying to create a calendar for a small group of people to put their
availability. Our computers use Outlook 2003.

I tried creating a new calendar folder in my outlook, then changing the
sharing permissions to the users I want, but I can't work out how to access
it on another computer - by clicking on "add a shared calendar" it will only
add my own default calendar.

Is this the right way to go about it?
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

I'd probably use a public folder for this sort of calendar - subfolders can
only be opened if the mailbox is added to the profile.
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.asp for the method.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072
 
G

gedditoffme

How do I set up a public folder for this calendar?

Diane Poremsky said:
I'd probably use a public folder for this sort of calendar - subfolders can
only be opened if the mailbox is added to the profile.
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.asp for the method.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072


gedditoffme said:
Hello,

I'm trying to create a calendar for a small group of people to put their
availability. Our computers use Outlook 2003.

I tried creating a new calendar folder in my outlook, then changing the
sharing permissions to the users I want, but I can't work out how to
access
it on another computer - by clicking on "add a shared calendar" it will
only
add my own default calendar.

Is this the right way to go about it?
 
Ad

Advertisements

D

Diane Poremsky [MVP]

You are using Exchange server, correct? That is the only way to share a
calendar with other outlook users.

If the admin gave you permission to create public folder calendars, right
click on the public folders and choose New folder. If you don't have
permission to create a folder, you'll need to speak with the exchange
administrator.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072


gedditoffme said:
How do I set up a public folder for this calendar?

Diane Poremsky said:
I'd probably use a public folder for this sort of calendar - subfolders
can
only be opened if the mailbox is added to the profile.
See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sharesubfolder.asp for the method.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/

Outlook Tips by email:
mailto:[email protected]

EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange:
mailto:[email protected]

Poll: What version of Outlook do you use?
http://forums.slipstick.com/showthread.php?t=27072


gedditoffme said:
Hello,

I'm trying to create a calendar for a small group of people to put
their
availability. Our computers use Outlook 2003.

I tried creating a new calendar folder in my outlook, then changing the
sharing permissions to the users I want, but I can't work out how to
access
it on another computer - by clicking on "add a shared calendar" it will
only
add my own default calendar.

Is this the right way to go about it?
 

Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top