and "Subject:" detail. The email header is as follows (for one example):
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:26:20 +0000
Now the only thing that generally changes is the Return-Path, but I'm not
sure I can create a rule against that.

Any help massively appreciated.

Cheers,
Cameron

Roady [MVP]

Depending on your version of Outlook you can create a rule based on what is
in the message header.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
www.howto-outlook.com

Tips of the month:
-What do the Outlook Icons Mean?

Hi Robert,
ok - I'm using Offie 2003.
What particular details in the header?
Cheers,
Cameron
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:26:20 +0000
Now the only thing that generally changes is the Return- Path, but I'm not
sure I can create a rule against that.

Any help massively appreciated.

Cheers,
Cameron

.

Roady [MVP]

What particular details? Well the details that are unique to identify those
messages :)
See for instance whether the IP address is always the same.

--

-----

Cameron said:
Hi all,
I'm aware of how to create rules, etc., however having said that I'm stuck
with some emails that I've been receiving lately that do not contain
"From:" and "Subject:" detail. The email header is as follows (for one
example):
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:26:20 +0000
Now the only thing that generally changes is the Return- Path, but I'm not
sure I can create a rule against that.

Any help massively appreciated.

Cheers,
Cameron

.

Cameron

So I should use either (from the example below):
a) Return Path ([email protected])
b) Received: (from .. ([email protected])

And as each `new` bogus email comes in, I'd need to update the rule
pertaining to specific words in the `message header` -- right?
Am I on the right thinking? These emails really bug me

Again, many thanks.
--
Cameron

Roady said:
[...]

"From:" and "Subject:" detail. The email header is as follows (for one
example):
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:26:20 +0000
Now the only thing that generally changes is the Return- Path, but I'm not
sure I can create a rule against that.

Any help massively appreciated.

Cheers,
Cameron

.

Roady [MVP]

No, you'll need to find something that is ALWAYS the same for those messages
or you might as well do it manually instead of a rule.

Updated your Outlook and Junk E-mail Filter already? Does it still not catch
the message even when you set the filter to high?

--

Roady said:
[...]

"From:" and "Subject:" detail. The email header is as
follows (for one
example):
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 02:26:20 +0000
Now the only thing that generally changes is the Return-
Path, but I'm not
sure I can create a rule against that.

Any help massively appreciated.

Cheers,
Cameron

.

Brian Tillman

Cameron said:
So I should use either (from the example below):
a) Return Path ([email protected])
b) Received: (from .. ([email protected])

And as each `new` bogus email comes in, I'd need to update the rule
pertaining to specific words in the `message header` -- right?

You can add ".au" to the Junk E-mail options: Actions>Junk E-mail>Junk
E-mail Options>International. Then you won't get any mail claiming to be
from Australia. Alternatively, you can add "aussiemail" in a rule that
checks the headers.