"Create" Option Missing in Actions menu OL2007

D

Doug

OK any help would be greatly received on this one. Am I missing something basic? If so HOORAY because then it is easily solved.

All I want to do is record a journal entry through a contact and therefore link them. In OL2003 no problem 2007 Hmmm.

The following is taken from the MS web site on OL2007 and the same text is repeated in the on-line help

Record the date and time you worked with a contact

1. Open the contact.
2. On the Actions menu, click Create, and then click New Journal Entry for Contact.
3. The current date appears in the Journal item header. For a different date, click the arrow, and then click a date.
4. On the Journal Entry tab, in the Timer group, click Start Timer.

The Journal item records the date and the length of time that you worked with the contact

Easy you may think and this you can do from the menu in OL2003. In 2007 there is no 'create' in the actions menu with in contacts.

Please help

R

Roady [MVP]

Don't open the contact first but use the Actions menu in the main Outlook
window.
Alternatively you can add the command to the QAT of an opened item.

D

Doug

Knew about not opening the contact. However if you are creating a new contact this method means you have to close the contact before entering the journal.

I currently have approx 2800 contacts (work thing)this adds time as you have to closed and then 'search' it back out.

Sorry I am unsure of what a QAT is?

R

Roady [MVP]

QAT-> Quick Access Toolbar. The toolbar at the top next to the Office logo
at the top left.

D

Doug

OK now worked out QAT. (Quick Access Toolbar)

If you add a short cut to the QAT it does link to the open contact it just opens a blank journal.

Ask a Question