Create a macro in a librabry database that emails reminders (Access2003-Outlook 2003)

kimtorvinen

I have created a Library database. I would like to be able to email
when borrowed material is due as a friendly reminder. So I have
created a Macro in Access 2003 that's an action of SendObject to
Outlook 2003.

Object Type: Form
Object Name: frmInvdb
Output Format: HTML
To: (not sure if I should leave this blank or link it to borrower's
email by date to be returned by an expression like
[Form]![frmb_email]![date_to_be_returned])

Do I also need a command button to trigger this or just go into
properties and once the date_to_be_returned field is filled in enter
in properties under "on exit" and link it back to macro created as
mcrEmailReminder. Thanks.

Kim

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

You can have multiple Macro Actions under a single macro name. Make sure the
name column is turned on in the macro window and just put the actions in
order that you want them to be executed.

kimtorvinen

--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVPhttp://www.datastrat.comhttp://www.mvps.org/accesshttp://www.accessmvp.com

To: (not sure if I should leave this blank or link it to borrower's
email by date to be returned by an expression like
[Form]![frmb_email]![date_to_be_returned])
Do I also need a command button to trigger this or just go into
properties and once the date_to_be_returned field is filled in enter
in properties under "on exit" and link it back to macro created as
mcrEmailReminder.  Thanks.
Kim- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Arvin, can you tell me if my expression is correct to ensure
it's run on the specified due date as a reminder? Not sure if I
insert this in the condition column?

Arvin Meyer [MVP]

The expression looks correct, but it won't run on the specified date because
you have nothing to trigger the event. Using VBA, a form would continuously
run a timer and when the correct condition was met, the timer would fire the
event. Another possibility is to check when you open the database within the
AutoExec macro.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

To: (not sure if I should leave this blank or link it to borrower's

To: (not sure if I should leave this blank or link it to borrower's
email by date to be returned by an expression like
[Form]![frmb_email]![date_to_be_returned])
Do I also need a command button to trigger this or just go into
properties and once the date_to_be_returned field is filled in enter
in properties under "on exit" and link it back to macro created as
mcrEmailReminder. Thanks.
Kim- Hide quoted text -

Thanks Arvin, can you tell me if my expression is correct to ensure
it's run on the specified due date as a reminder?  Not sure if I
insert this in the condition column?- Hide quoted text -

Sorry I'm pretty new to Access. Do I have to create an AutoExec
macro, save this separately from mcr.EmailReminder? VBA is pretty new
to me as well, do I give it an action of RunMacro, then enter the
Date_to_be_returned field?

Thanks again.