CPU temps...what u gettin with what hsf?

Reaction score
What Heatsink/fans are you all using and what CPU temps at idle and 100% usage?

I use a coolermaster 'super' silent heatpipe...full copper heatsink, but the fan is a little small, so it's very quiet and probably compromises on cooling. I get around 58C at idle and 62C at 100%. Nowhere near my XP2100's limit (90C+) but far too hot for my liking and I want to get closer to 40C at idle and 45C at max usage without turning my 'chine into a noise monster.

Changing the hsf completely is one possibility, so i wondered what ya'll's experience is?

:confused:

Reaction score
According to my external temperature sensors, I get 43.5 degrees processor and 25.1 degrees case. Asus Probe claims 35 CPU and 32 Case, which is probably innacurate. I'm using just the standard Thermaltake fan and heatsink which came with my processor and only thermal tape.

I do have a ton of case fans, however, and my case is aluminum, which keeps everything a bit cooler.

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
I’d be a little concerned with your temps, although within AMD’S recommendations, you should be achieving better cooling.

Thermaltake are constantly taking down the opposition with air.

Coolermaster’s HSC-V83 is worth a look.

I'm still using my Kanie Hedgehog on a 2000+ ... Idle temp is 37c full load 43c (no overclocking)

Reaction score
Update: looks like i won't need that new cooler after all. I just re-seated my hsf and replaced the thermal paste with some fresh stuff...getting basic steady cpu temp of 47C according to asus Probe. I reckon the problem was that I originally used a thermal paste kit to apply the stuff and it spread too thin...got some air pockets in there, which don't help much. I reckon i would get even cooler if I went for a slightly more powerful fan on the heatsink. Downside is that i'll have to find some other way of frying my bacon now :spin:

Ask a Question