CPU Speed

Carbonite

I bought a GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard and a Athlon 64 4000 CPU. I set
everything up but I noticed my CPU speed is only 1072 Mhz. Does anyone
know why the motherboards isn't running the proceesor at the correct
speed?

Thanks in advance.

KC Computers

I bought a GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard and a Athlon 64 4000 CPU. I set
everything up but I noticed my CPU speed is only 1072 Mhz. Does anyone
know why the motherboards isn't running the proceesor at the correct
speed?

Did you install the AMD Cool & Quiet software for Windows?
That will slow down the CPU.

sbb78247

Carbonite said:
I bought a GA-K8NSC-939 motherboard and a Athlon 64 4000 CPU. I set
everything up but I noticed my CPU speed is only 1072 Mhz. Does
anyone know why the motherboards isn't running the proceesor at the
correct speed?

Thanks in advance.

READ THE ****ING MAUNAL

that being said, either do it or ship the parts back.

HTH, HAND, GFIA

Carbonite

I found that the mutiplier was set to auto, I changed it to 12x and
that brought the processor up to 2.4. I didn't install the cool and
quiet program. Some reason the auto wasn't reading something.

John Doe

Troll

From: "sbb78247" <sbb78247 ****off.com>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: CPU Speed
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 08:44:13 +0545

READ THE ****ING MAUNAL

that being said, either do it or ship the parts back.

HTH, HAND, GFIA

TVeblen

sbb78247 said:
READ THE ****ING MAUNAL

Like a maunaloa? A vine of the legume family, naturalized to Hawaii, having
pink lavender flowers and used to make leis? Is this some sort of religious
ritual?

Carbonite

On my motherboard I can go up to 13 I think on the mulitplyer. I just
brought it up to where the CPU is supposed to run at. Theres nothing
in the book except when I use the Top Performance switch in the Bios
but that didn't do anything.