couple quesitons about this .net 3.5 install package


J

James

found at MS site here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=d0e5dea7-ac26-4ad7-b68c-fe5076bba986


dotnetfx35.exe
12/17/2008
It says "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package)"

and in the description it says:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 service pack 1 is a cumulative update that
contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0,
3.0, 3.5, and includes .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 2 and .NET Framework
3.0 service pack 2 cumulative updates.

1) is this one install package for both 32 and 64 bit OS's? It didn't
specify, but I think I remember using specific 32 and 64 bit install
packages when doing .net 2.0.

2a) this installs .net 2.0 (sp2) and .net 3.0 (sp2) in addition to .net 3.5
(sp1)?

2b) is it just the service packs? or you can install to a machine that has
NO .net framework versions installed at all and it will install all of
these? Or is this just service packs and therefore it would be required to
already have that version of .net installed?
 
Ad

Advertisements

C

Cowboy \(Gregory A. Beamer\)

It is a bootstrapper that covers x86, x64 and IA64.

If it does not contain 2.0 and 3.0, it will bootstrap them. I would guess
this is the case.

Unless it is different than previous 3.5 installs, it will bootstrap the
full 2.0 and 3.0 if they are missing and then upgrade them.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

*************************************************
| Think outside the box! |
*************************************************
 
P

Pavel Minaev

James said:
found at MS site here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...FamilyID=d0e5dea7-ac26-4ad7-b68c-fe5076bba986


dotnetfx35.exe
12/17/2008
It says "Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 Service Pack 1 (Full Package)"

and in the description it says:
Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 service pack 1 is a cumulative update that
contains many new features building incrementally upon .NET Framework 2.0,
3.0, 3.5, and includes .NET Framework 2.0 service pack 2 and .NET
Framework 3.0 service pack 2 cumulative updates.

1) is this one install package for both 32 and 64 bit OS's? It didn't
specify, but I think I remember using specific 32 and 64 bit install
packages when doing .net 2.0.

3.5 & 3.5 SP1 full packages cover both x86 and x64 (it's also why they're so
big).
2a) this installs .net 2.0 (sp2) and .net 3.0 (sp2) in addition to .net
3.5 (sp1)?

Yes, it installs everything. You shouldn't need anything else if you have
that one.
 
J

James

thank you much.

Pavel Minaev said:
3.5 & 3.5 SP1 full packages cover both x86 and x64 (it's also why they're
so big).


Yes, it installs everything. You shouldn't need anything else if you have
that one.
 
J

James

thank you much.

Cowboy (Gregory A. Beamer) said:
It is a bootstrapper that covers x86, x64 and IA64.

If it does not contain 2.0 and 3.0, it will bootstrap them. I would guess
this is the case.

Unless it is different than previous 3.5 installs, it will bootstrap the
full 2.0 and 3.0 if they are missing and then upgrade them.

--
Gregory A. Beamer
MVP; MCP: +I, SE, SD, DBA

*************************************************
| Think outside the box! |
*************************************************
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top