Count Values in a Range, Not Formulas

M

mark.wolven

I have a range of 16 cloumns for now. Each column executes an index/match. Not all cells will be populated. I use an if(isna(index/match),"",index/match) kind of formula to leave the cell empty and not show an error when there is no result found by the index/match.

Some values are numbers and some values are text. And some values are empty.. A COUNT only gets the numeric values and COUNTA recognizes the formula asbeing a value.

How do I count the number of populated cells?

I

isabelle

hi Mark,

=SUMPRODUCT(--(rng<>""))

isabelle

Le 2013-02-20 10:56, (e-mail address removed) a écrit :
I have a range of 16 cloumns for now. Each column executes an index/match. Not all cells will be populated.

I use an if(isna(index/match),"",index/match) kind of formula to leave
the cell empty and not show an error when there is no result found by
the index/match.
Some values are numbers and some values are text. And some values are empty.

A COUNT only gets the numeric values and COUNTA recognizes the formula
as being a value.

M

mark.wolven

hi Mark, =SUMPRODUCT(--(rng<>"")) isabelle Le 2013-02-20 10:56, (e-mail address removed) a écrit : > I have a range of 16 cloumns for now. Each column executes an index/match. Not all cells will be populated. I use an if(isna(index/match),"",index/match) kind of formula to leave the cell empty and not show an error when there is no result found by the index/match. > > Some values are numbers and some values are text. And some values are empty.A COUNT only gets the numeric values and COUNTA recognizes the formula as being a value. > > How do I count the number of populated cells? >

Thanks, that worked prefectly.

Ask a Question