Corrupt digital images

Reaction score
Can anybody help me please, i`ve submitted this question before without any luck, but i`ll try again. I lost a lot of digital images when my drive was reformatted but not them all ,that were not backed up ( i`ve learnt my lesson) the thumbnails are blank but have a file size attached to them, i`ve talked to various people that seem to think that the photo data is still there but the file that tells it how to open is corrupt.I`ve tried all sorts of photo repair software without luck, is the only option expensive data recovery or is there something more viable

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
loafer said:
Can anybody help me please, i`ve submitted this question before without any luck, but i`ll try again. I lost a lot of digital images when my drive was reformatted but not them all ,that were not backed up ( i`ve learnt my lesson) the thumbnails are blank but have a file size attached to them, i`ve talked to various people that seem to think that the photo data is still there but the file that tells it how to open is corrupt.I`ve tried all sorts of photo repair software without luck, is the only option expensive data recovery or is there something more viable
Nope, not really ... :(

If you have the money, and used someone like Disklabs, they still will not guarantee any results. :(

Reaction score
Cheers Muckshifter,

not the answer i wanted but i will contact the people you
suggested to see if they can help as the photos cannot be
replaced

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I also think it's unlikely you'll recover those, what you're viewing is sort of 'detritus' left over from what was once there previously.

I'm surprised you can actually see anything if the drive was formatted, quite strange.

Sorry to hear about your misfortune :( Use that burner drive, that's what it's there for ;)

Reaction score
Thanks for that, i don`t think that the drive was actually formatted and the info i gave origionally was a wee bit misleading, a recovery programme called stellar recovery was used as we could not get the drive to boot up at all and the unviewable thumbnails that are left are what the programme salvaged

Ask a Question