correcting errors with music match jukebox

Reaction score
I am running a computer with windows xp professional (a dell demension 3000 computer, with 512 megs of ram, intel video card and an internal sound card).

Anyways, whenever I run music match jukebox version 10, the program will be running successfully for some time in the background as I am working on various dos applications and excel spreadsheets. All of a sudden, I get an error message such as the following:

mmjb.exe - Application error
the instructions at :0X7c2821b2" referenced memory at 0x000001c". The memory could not be "read". click on OK to terminate the program.

The other day, I patched office 2003 standard edition and access 2000, with all of the latest patches. Once I had done that, I tried to run music match jukebox 10, but the program would not start at all after its last crash. I then un-installed the music match software from the control panel and re-installed the program as an install from the web site. By the way, I am using the free version for now.

When I reinstalled the music match jukebox, everything appeared to be okay, until just a little while, when the jukebox software crashed again.

One thing to mention here is that, I had the original version of the software (music match jukebox version 9.0) that came with my dell computer installed and it crashed (that being version 9) the same way before. I did an uninstall of version 9 and upgraded to version 10 to see if that would get rid of my crashes, but that did not work.

Can someone suggest how I can get much match jukebox version 10 to run on my computer without crashing. What other updates might help? I have my version of windows xp fully upgraded and patched with all of the latest available patches. Should I consider trying a re install of the software again?

I had seen someone here mention that when you to an uninstall, you have to delete the directories that are left behind when the install process is started. Would that help?

Edward Letendre

Ask a Question