Copy Website Tables into Excel 2007 Spreadsheets

David Ames

I work in a government office. Our computers are imaged to provide
certain software and none other for office use. The task described in
the Subject caption above is found within blogs.howtogeek.com/
mysticgeek/ ... and the instructions start with "Open Excel 2007 and
under the Data tab select Get External Data and From Web."

Problem: our image of Excel 2007 doesn't have these selections under
the Data tab. What we have is

Excel
Data
Connections
Properties
Edit Links

Presumably there is an alternate way of accomplishing my task. Can
someone clue me? Thanks.

David Ames

Jim Cone

The Data tab is separated into 5 groups in Excel 2007...
"Connections" is the second group, while "Get External Data" is the leftmost or first group.
That first group has a "From Web" icon.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA

"David Ames" <[email protected]>
wrote in message

David Ames

The Data tab is separated into 5 groups in Excel 2007...
"Connections" is the second group, while "Get External Data" is the leftmost or first group.
That first group has a "From Web" icon.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USAhttp://www.contextures.com/excel-sort-addin.html
editorial review of Special Sort add-in (30 ways to sort)

"David Ames" <[email protected]>

Thanks for the tip. I was reading the drop-down menu, not realizing
that I had a horizontal line to read. I would havde responded sooner
but I was interupted by a different, time-consuming task.

David Ames

Jim Cone

Re: "Thanks for the tip."
You are welcome.

Re: "I would have responded sooner..."
I will remove your name from my "nobody is there list".

There are ways to make using the ribbon easier.
--
Jim Cone
Portland, Oregon USA .

"David Ames" <[email protected]>
wrote in message
Thanks for the tip. I was reading the drop-down menu, not realizing
that I had a horizontal line to read. I would havde responded sooner
but I was interupted by a different, time-consuming task.
David Ames

Bruce Sinclair

Re: "Thanks for the tip."
You are welcome.

Re: "I would have responded sooner..."
I will remove your name from my "nobody is there list".

There are ways to make using the ribbon easier.

Indeed. Minimise it and add all the things you actually use and need to your
quick bar. :)

I wouldn't mind "the ribbon" quite so much if I could move it to the side of
my docs, but all that waste space where my words etc could be really annoys
me (modern screens have extra width but pretty much the same height). :)

<sigh>