Copy folders to CD

M

Mary Weatherford

I have Win xp SP2 with two CD drives. D: is a CD ROM Samsung/DVD-ROM, Drive E is CD ROM Phillips+/-RW DVD. I am trying to copy some folders with MP3 files to a bland CD. The instructions in the Help file are as follows:

To copy files and folders to a CD
1.. Insert a blank, writable CD into the CD recorder.
2.. Open My Computer.
3.. Click the files or folders you want to copy to the CD. To select more than one file, hold down the CTRL key while you click the files you want. Then, under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file, Copy this folder, or Copy the selected items.
If the files are located in My Pictures, under Picture Tasks, click Copy to CD or Copy all items to CD, and then skip to step 5.

4.. In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive, and then click Copy.
5.. In My Computer, double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays a temporary area where the files are held before they are copied to the CD. Verify that the files and folders that you intend to copy to the CD appear under Files Ready to be Written to the CD.
6.. Under CD Writing Tasks, click Write these files to CD. Windows displays the CD Writing Wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard.

When I try to copy to the D drive I get the message to "Please insert a disk into drive D" I re-insert the CD. Nothing happens. The message just stays. So then I try to copy to the E drive I get the message E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. I have tried using CD-R and CD-RW in both drives with the same results.

Does anyone know why I am getting these messages? From what I can tell they are not true but I don't know what to do.
I am able to play CDs in both drive.

Thank you

R

Ricky

One thing to check..right click the drive..properties..recording tab and be
sure enable CD recording on this drive is checked.

I have Win xp SP2 with two CD drives. D: is a CD ROM Samsung/DVD-ROM,
Drive E is CD ROM Phillips+/-RW DVD. I am trying to copy some folders with
MP3 files to a bland CD. The instructions in the Help file are as follows:

Insert a blank, writable CD into the CD recorder.
Open My Computer.
Click the files or folders you want to copy to the CD. To select more than
one file, hold down the CTRL key while you click the files you want. Then,
under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file, Copy this folder, or Copy
the selected items.
If the files are located in My Pictures, under Picture Tasks, click Copy to
CD or Copy all items to CD, and then skip to step 5.
In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive, and then click
Copy.
In My Computer, double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays a
temporary area where the files are held before they are copied to the CD.
Verify that the files and folders that you intend to copy to the CD appear
under Files Ready to be Written to the CD.
Under CD Writing Tasks, click Write these files to CD. Windows displays the
CD Writing Wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard.

When I try to copy to the D drive I get the message to "Please insert a disk
into drive D" I re-insert the CD. Nothing happens. The message just stays.
So then I try to copy to the E drive I get the message E:\ is not
accessible. Incorrect function. I have tried using CD-R and CD-RW in both
drives with the same results.

Does anyone know why I am getting these messages? From what I can tell they
are not true but I don't know what to do.

Thank you

G

Mary Weatherford said:
I have Win xp SP2 with two CD drives. D: is a CD ROM Samsung/DVD-ROM, Drive E is CD ROM Phillips+/-RW DVD. I am trying to copy some folders with MP3 files to a bland CD. The instructions in the Help file are as follows:

1.. Insert a blank, writable CD into the CD recorder.
2.. Open My Computer.
3.. Click the files or folders you want to copy to the CD. To select more than one file, hold down the CTRL key while you click the files you want. Then, under File and Folder Tasks, click Copy this file, Copy this folder, or Copy the selected items.
If the files are located in My Pictures, under Picture Tasks, click Copy to CD or Copy all items to CD, and then skip to step 5.

4.. In the Copy Items dialog box, click the CD recording drive, and then click Copy.
5.. In My Computer, double-click the CD recording drive. Windows displays a temporary area where the files are held before they are copied to the CD. Verify that the files and folders that you intend to copy to the CD appear under Files Ready to be Written to the CD.
6.. Under CD Writing Tasks, click Write these files to CD. Windows displays the CD Writing Wizard. Follow the instructions in the wizard.

When I try to copy to the D drive I get the message to "Please insert a disk into drive D" I re-insert the CD. Nothing happens. The message just stays. So then I try to copy to the E drive I get the message E:\ is not accessible. Incorrect function. I have tried using CD-R and CD-RW in both drives with the same results.

Does anyone know why I am getting these messages? From what I can tell they are not true but I don't know what to do.

Thank you

Ask a Question