Convert Vista Spanish to English?

Earle Horton

http://froggie.sk/

«Did you buy a Vista laptop from abroad and want it to talk to you in your
mother language?

Try Vistalizator - this tool allows you to change display language in Vista
editions other than (officially supported) Ultimate, like Starter, Home
Basic, Home Premium and Business.»

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/...-for-business-home-premium-and-basic-edition/

«Vista MUI Installation Tool is a crack program that can hack and force
install multi-language packages into non-supported Windows Vista - that's
Vista Home Premium, Home Basic and Business editon, plus Ultimate and
Enterprise edition installed with SP1 (at least until official MUI language
packs for SP1 are released by Microsoft). »

I haven't tried either of these.

William Lamoreaux

Why can I load Suse 11.2 in any language and the loading instructions change to spanish or whatever and after loaded everything is in Spanish including KDE and Firefox!! This is a real deal, is it money that microsoft wants each language to be loaded with it's own OS? I have tried and failed to change the settings under language in both XP and Vista to spellcheck in Spanish, German and French. It shows all of them in the list but will not check the spelling. Do I have to buy another add-on from microsoft to spellcheck in another language even though I am using the english version of OS. I am really confused please help me out you Windows experts on Languages on Microsoft.

Thanks

Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:

No.
27-Jan-07

No. If you need Windows Vista in English, you'll need t
purchase an English version of Windows Vista

--
Carey Frisc
Microsoft MV

Is there a way I can convert Vista Spanish edition to English
If so could you please tell me what I have to do

Have a good day
RScott

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Convert Vista Spanish to English?
Is there a way I can convert Vista Spanish edition to English
If so could you please tell me what I have to do

Have a good day
RScott

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

No.
No. If you need Windows Vista in English, you'll need t
purchase an English version of Windows Vista

--
Carey Frisc
Microsoft MV
Windows Shell/Use

Is there a way I can convert Vista Spanish edition to English
If so could you please tell me what I have to do

Have a good day
RScott

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Thanks for your help.
Thanks for your help

Have a good day
RScott

remove "nospam" in order to email me.

Hi CareyIf the version was Ultimate Spanish, couldn't it be converted to
Hi Care

If the version was Ultimate Spanish, couldn't it be converted to English
using the appropriate MUI? I thought that easy UI conversion was one of the
great advantages of Vista Ultimate Edition. I understood the OS was natively
"neutral", and the localized UI was applied during install... Ultimate
Spanish would essentially equal to English, differently to XP, in which you
apply MUI but the system keeps being recognized as the original thing,
regardless the user interface language..

Rgd

Edri

Re: Convert Vista Spanish to English?
Seems to be an option along those lines vi

Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Keyboards
Languages > [ Display Language ] ....

-
Jon

That option is very narrowly focused, and has nothing to do with changing the
That option is very narrowly focused, and has nothing to do with changing
the language of the entire OS. Simply put, the day you can convert a Vista
OS from one language to another, will be the day you can also count on
changing Vista or Blackcomb to Umbuntu or Solaris or Apple Leopard

You must buy the edition in and for the language you want. One langue only
for the edition

I wouldn't call changing the whole UI 'narrowly focussed', but you are
I would not call changing the whole UI 'narrowly focussed', but you ar
entitled to your opinion

-
Jo

"Chad Harris" <getsomevistainfoout.net> wrote in message

Jon that far from "changes the whole UI" and it would be part magic wand if it
Jon that far from "changes the whole UI" and it would be part magic wand if
it did. That solution has been part of every thread on language change
throughout the 6 years of XP and its beta.

CH

Re: Convert Vista Spanish to English? Not an option.
"Chad Harris" <getsomevistainfoout.net> wrote in message

True, but there would appear to be a slightly more sophisticated approach
with Vista......

Guide to Windows Vista Multilingual User Interface
http://technet2.microsoft.com/Windo...9fd8-4963-b06a-5ecc457006c71033.mspx?mfr=true

Install a display language
http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/4a90fe71-cca6-4965-ab39-97f92ca1a03f1033.mspx

But according to the last link you may possibly need the Ultimate or
Enterprise versions to be able to make the 100% change (?)

--
Jon

Thanks for the links -- it is an XP question we frequently get asked over in
Thanks for the links -- it is an XP question we frequently get asked
over in Compuserve from people who buy especially a laptop in one
country because of price but live in another and with the price
differentials for VISTA I see it coming up more frequently, as it is
already here.

<< In Windows Vista, the MUI architecture separates the language
resources for the user interface from the binary code of the operating
system. This separation makes it possible to change languages
completely without changing the core binaries of Windows Vista, or to
have multiple languages installed on the same computer. Languages are
applied as language packs containing the resources required to localize
part of, or the entire, user interface in Windows Vista. >>

seems pretty conclusive -- "the entire user interface"

and as you say on versions:

<< Note The Display language section will only be visible if you have
already installed a LIP or if your edition of Windows supports MUI. MUI
packs are only available in Windows Vista Ultimate and Windows Vista
Enterprise. >>

This is interesting.
This is interesting. I'll have to check it out, but when people ask
questions like the original postert they are almost always looking for a
holy grail which would convert English to another language or vice-versa and
that, would be impossible I think.

CH

To all posters on this topic,One confusing part of this is the fact that the
To all posters on this topic,

One confusing part of this is the fact that the Vista display language help
pages state that the content of the page applies to "all editions of Windows
Vista". In the particular case of my daughter, who was researching this
option for a friend who was about to purchase a new computer and wanted to
run the OS in Spanish, she shared this help information with him. He
purchased a computer with Vista Home Basic only to find that no LIP is
currently available (listed as "coming soon" on one of the help page links).

Based on this experience and all that I have read, Microsoft's help site
gives misleading information, both in the supposed current availability of
LIPs--the help page should clearly state that they have not yet been released
instead of making customers search in vain for the download--and in the
versions of Vista that can run an LIP. That is, can all versions run LIPs
and only the higher versions run the MUI, or is a higher version required to
run even an LIP?

I work as a computer support technician and often get questions from
co-workers about buying new computers. I don't want to bad-mouth Microsoft,
but I do believe that something like this experience is not good PR for the
company. A person who has bought a computer in good faith based upon
information that Microsoft offers should not have to find out otherwise after
the purchase has been made.

That said, does anyone know when the LIPs will be released and which
editions they really will apply to?

sjc

:

best way to get vista english lip
Just go to someone who has vista and copy this the files to your computer. first go to my computer then local disk c then windows folder now look for a folder called en-us this has all the english files. then copy the folder in the same place but in your computer.

please spread the word and help others.
can someone please post this folder as download.

Re: best way to get vista english lip
http://froggie.sk/

?Did you buy a Vista laptop from abroad and want it to talk to you in your
mother language?

Try Vistalizator - this tool allows you to change display language in Vista
editions other than (officially supported) Ultimate, like Starter, Home
Basic, Home Premium and Business.?

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/...-for-business-home-premium-and-basic-edition/

?Vista MUI Installation Tool is a crack program that can hack and force
install multi-language packages into non-supported Windows Vista - that's
Vista Home Premium, Home Basic and Business editon, plus Ultimate and
Enterprise edition installed with SP1 (at least until official MUI language
packs for SP1 are released by Microsoft). ?

I haven't tried either of these.

--
Earle Horton -- (e-mail address removed)

Probably the best way to make things worst.
Probably the best way to make things worst.
--
Best regards,
Andre Da Costa

in message

Professional Active Server Pages 3.0 (Wrox)
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...4-b4ea9b62129e/professional-active-serve.aspx

Michael

Why are you replying to a 3 year old thread?
Never mind. I see you're a craphead from egghead.

--

"Don't pick a fight with an old man.

in message news:[email protected]...

how can i convert debra perez

can someone please help me convert my spanish laptop to an english one pleeeeeaaaassee
Is there a way I can convert Vista Spanish edition to English?
If so could you please tell me what I have to do?

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.
On Saturday, January 27, 2007 11:53 AM Carey Frisch [MVP] wrote:
No. If you need Windows Vista in English, you'll need to
purchase an English version of Windows Vista.

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows Shell/User

:

Is there a way I can convert Vista Spanish edition to English?
If so could you please tell me what I have to do?

Have a good day,
RScotti

remove "nospam" in order to email me.
On Saturday, January 27, 2007 2:13 PM Jon wrote:
Seems to be an option along those lines via

Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options > Keyboards &
Languages > [ Display Language ] .....
//froggie.sk/[/url]

?Did you buy a Vista laptop from abroad and want it to talk to you in your
mother language?

Try Vistalizator - this tool allows you to change display language in Vista
editions other than (officially supported) Ultimate, like Starter, Home
Basic, Home Premium and Business.?

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2008/...-for-business-home-premium-and-basic-edition/

?Vista MUI Installation Tool is a crack program that can hack and force
install multi-language packages into non-supported Windows Vista - that's
Vista Home Premium, Home Basic and Business editon, plus Ultimate and
Enterprise edition installed with SP1 (at least until official MUI language
packs for SP1 are released by Microsoft). ?

I haven't tried either of these.
Book Review: Excel 2010 - The Missing Manual [OReilly]
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorial...w-excel-2010--the-missing-manual-oreilly.aspx