Convert to Outlook

I have a few users that are using Outlook Express 6.0, I'm running I SBS
2003 and I'd like to move all the emails and contacts from Outlook Express
over to the Exchange
Mailboxes, is there a way to do that?

Thanks Craig

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi Craig,

After you configured the Exchange email account in Outlook 2003, follow the
steps below to move all the mails and contacts from Outlook Express to
Outlook 2003.
==================
1. In Outlook 2003, click the File menu, and then click Import and Export.
2. Click Import Internet Mail and Addresses, and then click Next.
3. Click Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x.
4. Make sure that Import Mail, and Import Address Book are all checked, and
then click Next.
5. Select to import into either the Outlooks Contacts Folder or Personal
Address Book.
6. Select how duplicates are handled during import.
7. Click Finish.

For detail information about how to upgrade from Outlook Express to
Outlook, please refer to the KB article below.

291602 OL2002: How to Upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002 (it is
useful for Outlook 2003)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291602

If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
hesitate to contact me.

Regards,

Emily Lin

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: <[email protected]>
| Subject: Convert to Outlook
| Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:31:25 -0400
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi,
| I have a few users that are using Outlook Express 6.0, I'm running I SBS
| 2003 and I'd like to move all the emails and contacts from Outlook
Express
| over to the Exchange
| Mailboxes, is there a way to do that?
|
| Thanks Craig

Emily Lin [MSFT]

Hi Craig,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know. I am glad to be of assistance. :)

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Emily Lin [MSFT])
| Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 01:10:31 GMT
| Subject: RE: Convert to Outlook
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi Craig,
|
| After you configured the Exchange email account in Outlook 2003, follow
the
| steps below to move all the mails and contacts from Outlook Express to
| Outlook 2003.
| ==================
| 1. In Outlook 2003, click the File menu, and then click Import and Export.
| 2. Click Import Internet Mail and Addresses, and then click Next.
| 3. Click Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x.
| 4. Make sure that Import Mail, and Import Address Book are all checked,
and
| then click Next.
| 5. Select to import into either the Outlooks Contacts Folder or Personal
| Address Book.
| 6. Select how duplicates are handled during import.
| 7. Click Finish.
|
| For detail information about how to upgrade from Outlook Express to
| Outlook, please refer to the KB article below.
|
| 291602 OL2002: How to Upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002 (it is
| useful for Outlook 2003)
| http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291602
|
| If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
| hesitate to contact me.
|
| Regards,
|
| Emily Lin
|
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Convert to Outlook
| | Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:31:25 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| |
| | Hi,
| | I have a few users that are using Outlook Express 6.0, I'm running I SBS
| | 2003 and I'd like to move all the emails and contacts from Outlook
| Express
| | over to the Exchange
| | Mailboxes, is there a way to do that?
| |
| | Thanks Craig
| |
| |
| |

Randy Starkey

Emily,

I understand the import function of Outlook 2003 redates all OE messages to
today's date (the import date). Why is that?

Thanks,

--Randy Starkey

Emily Lin said:
Hi Craig,

I am just writing to see how everything is going. If you have any updates
or need any further assistance on this issue, please feel free to let me
know. I am glad to be of assistance. :)

Sincerely,

Emily Lin,
Microsoft Online Partner Support

that others may learn and benefit from this issue.
rights.

| From: (e-mail address removed) (Emily Lin [MSFT])
| Date: Fri, 29 Jun 2007 01:10:31 GMT
| Subject: RE: Convert to Outlook
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hi Craig,
|
| After you configured the Exchange email account in Outlook 2003, follow
the
| steps below to move all the mails and contacts from Outlook Express to
| Outlook 2003.
| ==================
| 1. In Outlook 2003, click the File menu, and then click Import and
Export.
| 2. Click Import Internet Mail and Addresses, and then click Next.
| 3. Click Outlook Express 4.x, 5.x, 6.x.
| 4. Make sure that Import Mail, and Import Address Book are all checked,
and
| then click Next.
| 5. Select to import into either the Outlooks Contacts Folder or Personal
| Address Book.
| 6. Select how duplicates are handled during import.
| 7. Click Finish.
|
| For detail information about how to upgrade from Outlook Express to
| Outlook, please refer to the KB article below.
|
| 291602 OL2002: How to Upgrade from Outlook Express to Outlook 2002 (it
is
| useful for Outlook 2003)
| http://support.microsoft.com/?id=291602
|
| If anything is unclear or if you have any other concerns, please don't
| hesitate to contact me.
|
| Regards,
|
| Emily Lin
|
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Convert to Outlook
| | Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:31:25 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| |
| | Hi,
| | I have a few users that are using Outlook Express 6.0, I'm running I
SBS
| | 2003 and I'd like to move all the emails and contacts from Outlook
| Express
| | over to the Exchange
| | Mailboxes, is there a way to do that?
| |
| | Thanks Craig
| |
| |
| |

DL

Because that is the modified date, ie msgs are modified on importing.
So export from OE in order to retain dates

Emily Lin said:
> [...]

| Emily Lin
|
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Convert to Outlook
| | Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:31:25 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| |
| | Hi,
| | I have a few users that are using Outlook Express 6.0, I'm running I
SBS
| | 2003 and I'd like to move all the emails and contacts from Outlook
| |
| |
| |

Randy Starkey

I can do that no problem - it just seems silly for MS to change the message
stamp. Importing or exporting has nothing to do with the message stamp.
Thanks.

Emily Lin said:
> [...]

| Emily Lin
|
| Microsoft Online Partner Support
| Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
| ====================================================
| When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
| ====================================================
rights.

| --------------------
| | From: <[email protected]>
| | Subject: Convert to Outlook
| | Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2007 09:31:25 -0400
| | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| |
| | Hi,
| | I have a few users that are using Outlook Express 6.0, I'm running I
SBS
| | 2003 and I'd like to move all the emails and contacts from Outlook
| |
| |
| |