Control Panel Missing from Setting Menu

RobL

Hi Robert,
Good Luck and keep us updated.
"Sankara Nethralaya" - A charitable hospital run in India. If you're willing to contribute, you may visit their site here:
Sankara Nethralaya Omtrust - How You Can Help:http://www.omtrust.org/help.html
Sankara Nethralaya Omtrust - About us:http://www.omtrust.org/aboutus.html
Perhaps you can send in the contributions towards their eye research project.
Windows® Troubleshootinghttp://www.winhelponline.com
"RobL" <[email protected]> wrote in messagenews:[email protected]...
Rob,
You can create users using the "NET USER" command-line. Open a Command Prompt window and type:
NET USER /ADD <NEWUSERNAME>
The account should now be listed on the Welcome Screen.
There's so system recovery in this version of XP
If this is an OEM system, how about using the Recovery CD provided bythe manufacturer? Recovery CDs should help you restore the system to the factory default state.
Windows® Troubleshootinghttp://www.winhelponline.com

Hi Ramesh,
Once again I tried every option you suggested, so it appears I've
damaged my machine beyond your expert repair options. But your last
suggestion, to buy a recovery CD from the Manufacturer, turned out to
be just what I need at this point and an option I did not know I had.
I went to the HP Web site and entered in all that appropriate #
information and was able to order a Recovery CD at a very reasonable
price. When it arrives, I'm sure I can restore this machine to a
proper state. All that said, I can't thank you enough for taking the
time to walk me through all the "processes" and for eventually leading
me to the last resort solution I needed. I would like to compensate
you in some way, so if there's something I can do for you personally,
please let me know. I would be more than happy to order something for
you on line and have it shipped to whatever address you desire. If
you prefer, please give me the name of your favorite charity and I
will donate $20 to that cause. So once again, thank you for your
help, and I will let you know how this all turns out.
Very truly yours,
Robert E. Lassen- Hide quoted text -

Good Day Ramesh,

I actually found my set of recovery disks -- the disk I ordered online
will now be a backup -- and spent the day restoring my computer, i.e.,
re-loading the XP program, doing all Windows updates, re-installing
all my other programs, copying all my personal files back to the hard
drive, etc., and am now I'm up and running perfectly. In fact, this
machine has never run better!!!! Can't thank you enough, even though
your suggestions didn't actually pan out for me. The fact that you
were willing to help and took the time to help, restores my faith in
people in general. I will make a $20 contribution to the charity you
suggested and will ask that they allocate the funds to your choice of
programs. I will send you some form of notification that this was
accomplished. Meanwhile.... take care and thanks again.

Very truly yours, Rob- Hide quoted text -

Here is the donation Confirmation:

Thank you very much for your thoughtful contribution to Sankara
Nethralaya OM Trust and Sankara Nethralaya. Due to your generosity,
one less Indian is blind now. Please spread the word and tell your
family and friends of our goals and your involvement. You have taken
an active role in curbing preventable blindness in India.

Please read this entire page carefully, then print this page for your
records. This receipt will also be emailed to you.
IMPORTANT: THIS DONATION WILL APPEAR ON YOUR CREDIT CARD STATEMENT AS
"GROUNDSPRING.ORG". GROUNDSPRING IS OUR SERVICE PROVIDER FOR ONLINE
DONATIONS

Donation made to Groundspring.org for Opthalmic Mission Trust, Inc.
Date: 06/24/2007
Transaction #: VXJA1B334590-506716
Donation Amount : $20.00
Total Value of your Donation (for tax purposes) : $20.00
Contact Information:
Robert Lassen
712 Idlewood Ave #1
East Carnegie, PA 15106
US
(e-mail address removed)

Join Our Mailing List: No
Credit Card Information:
Robert E Lassen
XXXXXXXXXXXX7270
Visa
5/2009
Gift Information
This donation will be made on behalf of Ramesh Srinivasan, for favors
received..
Acknowledgement of your donation will be sent to
(e-mail address removed).

Anonymous Donation Information
I would prefer my donation to be anonymous.
Return to Opthalmic Mission Trust, Inc.

Take Care, and God Bless.... Rob