Contact list getting too long. Should I archive? How?

F

frankieplus

What do you do when you keep adding people to your contact list and it gets to the stage that it's too long and you want to keep half of them but don't need to access them daily?

My contacts are linked in with calendar events and I'd like to keep them linked.

I tried archiving a contact as a test, by opening up 'archive folders' and copying the contact folder to the archive folder then deleting everything in it. (This was my way of creating a neat copy)

I then moved my test contact into this folder. The relationship between the contact and the calendar event was lost though. Even if I put the contact back, the calender event link is still lost. i.e., The contact link in the calendar doesn't work anymore.

Now having said all this, am I going about it all the right way?

What do the rest of you do in a situation where you want to clean up your contact list but don't want to delete anything? Or don't you bother and let the list get bigger and bigger?

-Frankie

D

dlw

make a new contact folder, not an archive folder, and move stuff there
file/new/folder/ folder contains Contact Items
etc.

F

frankieplus

Do you mean a new contact folder in my main outlook.pst file or do you mean a contact folder in the archive.pst file?

-Frankie

Ask a Question