consistent view in dialog box

gordon

Hi

when you use a dialog box such as 'file - open' in an office or similar app,
the listing inside the dialog box is always different to what i want. I
like to have details and sorted by date, but i always have to do this
manually.

is there a better way - or a way to establish a consistent view?

Cheers

Doug

gordon

David thanks for your extemely helpful suggestion. But I don't like the
'Windows as designed' way because it always takes too much time to sort
through the directories and files.

Anyone else got an idea about how to change these defaults?

Doug

"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
No. Use windows as designed.

David Candy

Cause they don't. BECAUSE THER IS NO DATA STORED ANYWHERE. However you can change the sort.

gordon

Once again David, thanks for your clever response. Anyone who knows
something about windows XP and can email in a polite way would be welcome to
respond.

Doug
"David Candy" <.> wrote in message
Cause they don't. BECAUSE THER IS NO DATA STORED ANYWHERE. However you can
change the sort.

David Candy

If lucky you'll get the usual wrong answer that won't help. I can tell you this answer.