Considering a forum upgrade...

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hello :)

Ian, are there any thoughts/plans or revisiting Tapatalk compatibility? :D

Hey, long time no see :D.

I'm still pretty hesitant to add tapatalk support, as there is a stream of security problems that they seem to have. The forums have much, much better mobile support now (the theme will resize down nicely), so I'm hoping that it'll work in it's place :).

Do you (or others) use Tapatalk a lot? Just wondering how much we're missing out on by not adding it!

Reaction score
I find it the easiest format of using forums - a centralised point of access.
I got a free beta release ages ago, which keeps being updated... Guess I was lucky.

The mobile site for PCReview.co.uk does look nice though. :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
What's Tapatalk? :confused:

It's an app you can download on a smartphone that lets you interact with compatible forums on the net. It bypasses needing to open a browser and lets you post from within the app.

I can see why it's handy, as it'll let you post to many of your favourite sites from within one app - it'll also show notifications on your phone. However, it means I need to open up the forum backend to a 3rd party app which has had quite a few security problems in the past - so I'm not too keen on it.

Ask a Question