Connecting to an SQL Server Database

Roberto M. Oliva

Hi all!

I am unable to connect to a SQL Server Database (MSDE not an SQL Server CE)
using the SQLClient namespace.
My NET CF application runs on the emulator, but I cannot get my Connection
String to connect.
I have tried to use the Integrated Security=SSPI parameter, but... then I
have the following questions: Which SQL Server login (user/password) is the
device using? and how can I set up on the SQL Server logins?.

Thanks a lot
Roberto

Kevin Boske - [MS]

Hi Roberto,

When you use Integrated Security = SSPI, you're asking SQL Server to use a
Windows account to login, so you will need to pass a valid Windows User
Name and Password. If you wish to use a SQL Server account, then do not
pass Integrated Security=SSPI in the connection string.

Either way, you must use the user id and password properties in the
ConnectionString.

Kevin Boske
([email protected])
SQL Server CE Team
Microsoft
Everything you need to know about SQL Server CE:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/ce/techinfo/default.asp