CE .NET Direct Sql Server Connection

Hakan Gumus

Hi;

Is it POSSIBLE connect directly to Sql Server via CE .NET using
"System.Data.SqlClient".

I've managed to connect directly to Sql Server via Pocket Pc 2002 but
not couldnt
from CE .NET. It returns me PlatformNotSupportedException.

Below i've put the sample

Imports System.Data.SqlClient

Dim sqlConn As New SqlConnection
sqlConn = New SqlConnection("Integrated
Security=SSPI;Server=HGUMUS;Database=TestDB")
sqlConn.Open
sqlConn.Close

Kevin Boske - [MS]

Hi Hakan,

What verision of WindowsCE.NET are you using ? 4.0, 4.1 or 4.2? 4.1 or
4.2 is required.

Kevin Boske
([email protected])
SQL Server CE Team
Microsoft
Everything you need to know about SQL Server CE:

http://www.microsoft.com/sql/ce/techinfo/default.asp
From: (e-mail address removed) (Hakan Gumus)
Newsgroups: microsoft.public.dotnet.framework.compactframework
Subject: CE .NET Direct Sql Server Connection
Date: 6 Aug 2003 01:05:07 -0700

Hi;

Is it POSSIBLE connect directly to Sql Server via CE .NET using
"System.Data.SqlClient".

I've managed to connect directly to Sql Server via Pocket Pc 2002 but
not couldnt
from CE .NET. It returns me PlatformNotSupportedException.

Below i've put the sample

Imports System.Data.SqlClient

Dim sqlConn As New SqlConnection
sqlConn = New SqlConnection("Integrated
Security=SSPI;Server=HGUMUS;Database=TestDB")
sqlConn.Open
sqlConn.Close

Hakan Gumus

Hi Kevin;

Thanks for your reply.
I'm using CE .NET 4.1.

Fortunately we solved the problem which was
caused by our database's Collation Name.

I've changed from
"SQL_Latin1_General_CP1254_CI_AI"

"Latin1_General_CI_AI"

and the problem is solved.

I think CE .NET does not support Turkish yet.

Kevin Boske - [MS]

Hakan,

You are correct. Its a matter of choosing a code-page or collation which
is supported on the device.